During the period 27.08 – 08.09.2018, the National Authority for Consumer Protection carried out a national verification of compliance with the legal provisions on consumer protection in the sale of school supplies and uniforms.
Sale of school supplies
551 economic operators were controlled, 328 (59.16%) of them being violated by the legal provisions in force.
Products worth RON 1,687,624 were inspected, with product deviations amounting to 391,045 lei, as follows:
– deficiencies regarding the information of the consumers (lack of identification / characterization elements) were found in the counties of Galati, Calarasi, Arges, Giurgiu, Prahova, Teleorman, Iasi, Ilfov, Bacau, Vaslui, Neamt, Mehedinti and Arad;
– deviations regarding the translation into Romanian of the information were found in Constanta, Galati, Calarasi, Giurgiu, Iasi, Tulcea, Botosani, Bacau, Vaslui, Neamt, Mehedinti, Valcea, Caras Severin, Hunedoara and Timis counties;
– deviations regarding the information regarding the promotions were found in the counties of Galati, Giurgiu, Iasi, Neamt and Mehedinti;
– other deviations: failure to sell prices (Giurgiu, Teleorman, Suceava counties), not showing the prices visibly (Tulcea and Vrancea counties), lack of authorization (Bacau County).
As a result of the established deficiencies, 367 sanctions were applied, out of which 139 fines, amounting to 546,300 lei and 228 warnings, and were temporarily stopped from trading products amounting to 173,327 lei.
Selling school uniforms
There were controlled 162 economic operators, 92 (56.79%) of them being deviated from the legal provisions in force.
Products worth RON 341,923 were checked, with deviations of products amounting to 76,590 lei, as follows:
– deviations regarding the translation of the information in Romanian were found in the counties of Buzau, Constanta, Tulcea, Calarasi, Giurgiu, Iasi, Botosani, Bacau, Neamt and Hunedoara;
– deviations regarding the promotional information found in Vaslui county;
– deviations from the provisions of Regulation (EU) no. 1007/2012, respectively art. 4 (labeling / marking / accompanying documents) were found in the counties of Galati, Iasi and Mehedinti, art.14 paragraph 1 (durable labeling / easily visible / visible and accessible / well attached) in the counties Galati, Giurgiu , Ialomita, Prahova, Teleorman, Neamt, Iasi, art. 15, paragraph 3 (the distributor ensures the appropriate label or marking) in the counties of Vaslui and Mehedinti, art. 16, paragraph 2 (existence / indication of the trademark or the name of the enterprise) in Giurgiu County.
– other deviations: the prices were not displayed visibly, unequivocally (Galati, Giurgiu, Prahova, Dolj), deviations regarding the name of the unit and the unique identification code (in Tulcea, Vrancea, Buzau, Bacau, Arad counties) price display (Gorj county), deviations regarding the inconsistency of displaying prices from the shelf with those from the cash register (Caras-Severin county).
As a result of the deficiencies found, 133 sanctions were applied, out of which 64 fines, amounting to 154,000 lei and 69 warnings, and were temporarily stopped from trading products worth 47,444 lei.